News at The STArchive
- 5 May 2022
- I will not be making updates for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds,
my new favorite series! It's a good time to be a Star Trek fan.
- 28 Oct 2021
- I will not be making updates for Star Trek: Prodigy but I
still hope you kids enjoy it.
- 06 Aug 2020
- I will not be making updates for Star Trek: Lower Decks even
though I love the show to bits :)
- 23 Jan 2020
- I will not be making updates for Star Trek: Picard.
I will be watching the hell out of it, though :)
- 22 Aug 2018
- The STArchive is on a brand new web server with the same old content!
- 24 Sep 2017
- I will not be making updates for Star Trek: Discovery.
Live long and prosper.
- 8 Sep 2016
- Star Trek debuted 50 years ago today. Wowsers.
- 4 Nov 2015
- There will be a new Star Trek series debuting in Jan 2017.
The docs I personally maintain on this site (Ships and Locations) will
not be updated because others on the net are doing fine work of recording
such things and I'm getting too old for this Trek.
- 9 Sep 2015
- This site has been here for over 20 years. I wish it would get a job.
- 8 Sep 2014
- Star Trek debuted 48 years ago today.
- 28 Sep 2012
- Star Trek: The Next Generation debuted 25 years ago today.
Feel old yet?
- 8 Sep 2012
- To celebrate the airing of the first episode of Star Trek this
day in 1966,
Google's latest doodle
offers a nice tribute to the series.
- 19 Jan 2012
- Access counters are fixed. Now the numbers will start rollin' in!
- 19 Dec 2011
- Access counters are (still) failing due to host migration.
I'll try to sort that out sometime.
- 28 Sep 2010
- Star Trek: The Next Generation premiers on NBC television today,
back in 1987 today. Happy Anniversary to everyone in the franchise.
- 1 Jan 2010
- Wow. 15 years on the web. I'm so old...
- 11 May 2009
- Star Trek (The Alternate Timeline) was released and the numbers
on the site spiked accordingly.
- 8 Feb 2008
- Star Trek XI will now be released in just fifteen months! Keep holding
- 15 Jan 2008
- Star Trek XI will be released in just eleven months! Hold your
collective breaths, now...
- 13 Jan 2008
- The STArchive poll is closed due to excessive
spamming and a general lack of real interest. Thanks for your votes.
- 26 Sep 2007
- Star Trek: The Next Generation is officially 20 years old.
- 8 Sep 2006
- Star Trek turned 40 years old this day, airing "The Man Trap" on
- 12 May 2006
- It begins again...
According to a
news item dated 21 Apr 2006, J.J. Abrams will produce and direct an as-yet
unnamed "Star Trek XI" for release in 2008.
In this month's poll I ask, "What do you think?"
- 13 May 2005
- In a blatent attempt to generate traffic, I am now offering a
poll which will pose a new question every month
(coinciding with the posting of my Ships and Locations lists). Feel free
to not only give your opinion but suggest a new poll for the future, too.
- 2 Feb 2005
- "...this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. The
series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005."
- 3 Jan 2005
- Ex Astris Scientia
claims this site is a classic and I am a legend...
The STArchive is dedicated to provide the most accurate and most
reliable information about all ships and all places ever mentioned in Star
Trek. Further features include a well-researched history of the vessels
named Enterprise. The site also hosts an FTP archive with various concise
reference guides every fan should have. After many years with the same
interface the site has recently been upgraded to a dynamic concept that
facilitates navigation and improves the overall appearance. The revisions
being rather subtle, it is pleasant to see how the new STArchive continues
to defy showy web design fashions. The STArchive has recently celebrated
its tenth anniversary on the web, it is still *the* classic reference site
nearly every other Trek webmaster, including myself, has been borrowing
from. I thought this would be a fine opportunity to thank its webmaster D.
Joseph Creighton for his tireless work. The EAE Award goes to the
STArchive, a living legend in the Trek online community!
It delivers heavy-looking
but no cake. I am still grateful.
- 1 Jan 2005
- And so begins another year of hope...
- The STArchive celebrates its tenth year(!) on the web with a new domain
name and a new look.
Dynamic. Streamlined. HTML and CSS validated. All of this should make
my maintenance of the site easier. Hopefully, they'll make your visits
more enjoyable, too.
- 1 Sep 2004
- For the morbidly curious (and to save you from trudging through the
The Star Trek Archive was started in early 1990 and was simply an FTP
host for posted USENET articles. It still remains in use.
The web site proper was introduced September 2 1994.
The Okudagram console was first established in 1995 as a means of
offering a simplistic GUI interface. Other than the logo change in 1998,
the site had kept this look for nearly a decade. It was "spiffy" for its
time, relying on an Apache server-side imagemap modification to allow for
clickable regions and then adopting a client-side imagemap in 1998 using
the <map> tag.
As of today, that splash page image has finally been retired.
- (Old news...)